|Ruby Hill - Member|
School Board Vice Chair
| Matthew J. Wright - Member|
| Angela Davis - Member|
| Stephanie Peters - Member |
| Janet F. Cote - Member|
| Jessica Hatch - Member|
| Suzanne Cheney - Member|
School Board Member
| Julie Hayward - Member|
Below is the charge as it was typed in the Sept 22 School Board minutes, page 6 part b.RE: Citizens request to alter BHVS to a K thru 8 school Action: Motion that a select committee on K-8 education be established under School Board PolicyBCE for the purpose of studying the costs, benefits, and implications of implementing a K-8 pilot model. This committee shall be organized under School Board Policy BCE (Organization of Board Committees) and RSA 91:A (Access to Public Records), with the School Board Chair overseeing the organizational meeting at which a committee Chair person is elected. Committee meetings shall be posted, held in public, and have minutes made available in accordance with RSA 91:A.This committee shall investigate, deliberate, and report on the following to the Board:
The implications for the towns and district of remaining “status quo”. A formal report by the Committee shall be made to the full Board at its December 17, 2012 meeting.
- Likely educational benefits of a K-8 school versus a regional middle school, including academic outcomes.
- Parental involvement in a (local) K-8 school versus a regional middle school.
- Changes in operational costs to the District over a specific period of time.
- Reasons that interested parties cite for wanting this model.
- Reasons that interested parties cite for not wanting this model.